Just because something is being done doesn’t mean it is being done right.
I am a huge believer in psychology, and I always approach problems with that viewpoint. How would I — as a consumer — expect this system to behave? What would my expectations be? What would entice me as a consumer?
Whether it is a product I am planning, a product I am critiquing, or a system I have just come across, I always myself these questions, and more. And that is the whole point.
Consumers like their lives to be simple, pain-free, cheap and uncomplicated. Do you feel the current systems are lacking on those fronts? Hit me up, and if you are onto something, I will help you out in any way I can. Money? Sure, if that is your biggest challenge (which in most of the cases, it isn’t). Whatever I can do to help I will. All you need is a mail. I’m available on email@example.com
Why am I doing this?
- Because I think I can help. Not everyone, but a few. And if I can, then it would be wrong not to.
- Because I can help you get in the same room as the right people.
- Because I will ask you the questions you secretly wish people wouldn’t, about your business.
- Because I will help you improve your business strategy.
What’s in it for me?
Not much. Other than the fact that I want the startup ecosystem to grow, and I’ll help out in any way I can, actually not much.
- You don’t need to offer me equity or cash for some of my help. (It depends on how deeply you want/need me to get involved. Just a little bit every week? Sure man, no problem. Just buy me a pint of beer.)
- I would love to be involved in a greater role if you are really really on to something. But that will and should always be your discretion. (And my comfort level of course.)
Will I be involved with whosoever approaches me?
Yes. And no.
No matter who you are, where you are from, or what you are doing, you will always have the first few bits of my time, if you want. After that, it will be an equal combination of how I feel about you and how you feel about me. If I don’t like what you are doing, I won’t get involved — irrespective of whether you intend to attach a financial component to it. Focus on creating value — for someone, anyone. And you will have my complete, unconditional support.
Can I help?
I think so. But it is for you to judge.
I talk a big game. What do I actually do?
I build businesses. As simple as that.
Right now, I’m in the process of launching some products that can potentially change how people interact with different aspects of their lives. My work is based on the two exits I have had, and a third business that was profitable from day 12. Can I add value to your business? I don’t know, but I’ll be damned if I won’t even try.